Comprehensive marina restoration that has resulted in a world-class yachting destination.
- Market Evaluation of Megayacht Industry
- Site Evaluation
- Economic Feasibility Assessment (including Pro Forma)
- Engineering Feasibility Assessment
- Utilities Design and Specification
- Marina Design and Construction Documents
- Construction Administration Services
Located next to the cruise terminals in St. Thomas Harbor, the Yacht Haven Grande facility was designed to become a world-class yachting destination. As the primary marine consultant for the harbor restoration project, ATM evaluated the market for the proposed facility, recommended a design layout based on market demand, and assessed the financial viability for the proposed restoration.
Engineering design and construction oversight were provided for the final marine facility that offers more than 16,000 linear feet of total berthing capacity and incorporates two distinct components: one targeted to megayacht demand and the other to traditional marina tenants. The megayacht basin provides flexibility for varying characteristics, including 48 slips that include dedicated slips for vessels between 80 and 175 feet, docks that allow alongside-berthing of vessels of varying lengths (up to 350 feet), enhanced site security, in-slip fueling, waste oil recovery and pumpout service, high-capacity electrical supply (up to 600A), and segregated docking facilities to provide owners and guests with the level of exclusivity they demand.
Complete design and construction documents were developed for the demolition, dredging and revetment rehabilitation along the 1,500 linear feet of shoreline. ATM also completed detailed design of the marina electrical system and provided design criteria, review, and coordination of marina pier and plumbing utility design-build project components. Construction phase support was provided during all aspects of project construction.
- Winner of the 2020 PIANC Marina Excellence Design “Jack Nichol” Award for outstanding marina design
- The first North American marina to ever be awarded Gold Anchor ‘Platinum’ Level accreditation from The Yacht Harbour Association